For several months, a group of Radio France engineers and radio directors, students and lecturers from the Ecole Nationale Supérieur de Création Industrielle got together to research and come up with the Radiobox: a simple, light and user-friendly, battery-powered mobile studio for radio broadcasting, accessible to minorities and outcasts. The concept of the Radiobox comes from previous missions we carried out in developing countries, welfare institutions and refugee camps. Between 2016 and 2018 we organized radio workshops with NGOs and foundations (in France, the Central African Republic, Senegal, Mali, South Africa, Mexico and Iranian Kurdistan…)
AND SET UP
MOBILE STUDIOS FOR EVERYONE
RADIO AND WEBRADIO STATIONS.
Experimenting and designing the Radiobox
Gathering and building the collective
The collective (made of Radio France directors and engineers, journalists, lecturers, social workers and international solidarity professionals…) got together and organized itself, created the nonprofit organization and elected its board.
Structuring and leading projects
Structuring and leading projects An NGO department (Making Waves NGO) was created within the collective to provide access to radio production tools, thus encouraging new opportunities to share and speak freely. A creative studio was also set up to make radio content with a strong social impact ((Making Waves Studio). The organization switches between producing radio content and carrying out subsidized social and solidarity projects, in France and around the world.
Growing & creating new activities
The organization created a Work Integration Department (Making Waves Insertion) to provide services to vulnerable women and men struggling greatly to find employment. This initiative started in March 2021.
Our organization is made of radio directors, producers, journalists, musicians, sound engineers, social workers and lecturers.
• SECRÉTAIRE : CLAIRE RICHARD, journaliste, autrice et productrice radio
• TRÉSORIER : LAURENT CHÉREAU, Responsable administratif et communication SIDI (Solidarité Internationale pour le Développement et l'Investissement)
• NADINE CASTELLANI, directrice Orange France Stratégie de Communication Innovation et startups
• JEAN-LOUP GRATON, retraité, ancien directeur adjoint de France Culture et ancien responsable de l’événementiel de la BNF
• CAROLINE GUIELA NGUYEN, metteuse en scène et directrice artistique de la Compagnie des Hommes Approximatifs
• FRÉDÉRIQUE ROUSSEL, journaliste à Libération
• CLÉMENTINE SINQUIN, chargée de projets et campagnes, Oxfam Centrafrique